10th (Tenth) Filmfare Awards 1963
The 10th Filmfare Awards ceremony was held in Bombay (now Mumbai) on 13 June 1963.
The 10th Filmfare Awards (At a Glance)
|Date||13 June 1963|
|Number of Award Categories||16|
|Most Awards||Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (4),|
Bees Saal Baad (4)
|Most Nominations||Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (8)|
|Previous Filmfare Awards||9th Filmfare Awards (1962)|
|Next Filmfare Awards||11th Filmfare Awards (1964)|
Here is the list of Nominees and Winners of various Award recipients of the 10th Filmfare Awards.
List of Nominees and Winners
+ Indicates winner
|Award Cateogyr||Nominee / Winner||Film||Song|
|Best Film||Guru Dutt (Producer)||+Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (1962)|
|Hemant Kumar (Producer)||Bees Saal Baad (1962)|
|Sivaji Ganesan (Producer)||Rakhi (1962)|
|Best Director||+Abrar Alvi||Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (1962)|
|Biren Nag||Bees Saal Baad (1962)|
|Mehboob Khan||Son Of India|
|Best Actor||+Ashok Kumar||Rakhi (1962)|
|Guru Dutt||Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (1962)|
|Shammi Kapoor||Professor (1962)|
|Best Actress||+Meena Kumari||Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (1962)|
|Meena Kumari||Aarti (1962)|
|Meena Kumari||Main Chup Rahungi|
|Best Actor in Supporting Role||+Mehmood||Dil Tera Deewana (1962)|
|Rehman||Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (1962)|
|Best Actress in Supporting Role||+Sashikala||Aarti (1962)|
|Lalita Pawar||Professor (1962)|
|Waheed Rehman||Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (1962)|
|Best Music Director||+Shankar-Jaikishan||Professor (1962)|
|Hemanta Kumar Mukherjee||Bees Saal Baad (1962)|
|Madan Mohan||Anpadh (1962)|
|Best Lyricist||+Shakeel Badayuni||Bees Saal Baad (1962)||Kahin Deep Jale Kahin Dil|
|Raja mehdi Ali Khan||Anpadh (1962)||Aap Ki Nazron Ne Samjha|
|Hasrat Jaipuri||Professor (1962)||Aye Gulbadan|
|Best Playback Singer||+Lata Mangeshkar||Bees Saal Baad (1962)||Kahin Deep Jale Kahin Dil|
|Lata Mangeshkar||Anpadh (1962)||Aap Ki Nazron Ne Samjha|
|Mohammed Rafi||Professor (1962)||Aye Gulbadan|
|Best Story||+K.P. Kottarakara||Rakhi (1962)|
|Jawar N. Sitaraman||Main Chup Rahungi (1962)|
|Bimal Mitra||Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (1962)|
|Best Cinematographer (B&W)||+V. K. Murthy||Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (1962)|
|Best Editing||+Keshav Nanda||Bees Saal Baad (1962)|
|Best Sound||+S. Y. Pathak||Bees Saal Baad (1962)|
|Best Art Director (B&W)||+Dr. Jadhav||Son Of India|
Higlights-10th Filmfare Awards 1963
- Meena Kumari became the first actress to grab all three nominations in a single category.
- She received all three (3) nominations in the category of Best Actress.
- Meena Kumari received these Filmfare nominations for films Aarti, Main Chup Rahungi, and Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam.
- She won it for Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam.
- Meena Kumari received her 6th Filmfare Nomination in the 10th Filmfare Awards (1963).
- She received twelve (12) Filmfare nominations for Best Actress throughout her life.
- She received Filmfare Nomination for Best Actress Posthumously for the film Pakeezah in the 20th Filmfare Awards (1973).
- Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam received eight (8) Filmfare nominations. The film won four (4) Filmfare Awards too. Here is the list of winners:
- Film Bees Saal Baad received seven (7) Filmfare nominations. It won four (4) Filmfare awards too. Here are the winners:
- By winning four (4) Filmfare Awards, Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam and Bees Saal Baad became the Most Awarded Films in the 10th Filmfare Awards (1963).
- Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam received eight (8) Filmfare nominations. By receiving eight (8) nominations, Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam also became the Most Nominated Film in the 10th Filmfare Awards (1963).
- Film Rakhi received four (4) Filmfare nominations. The film won two (2) Filmfare awards. Here are the winners:
See more Filmfare Awards
- 1st Filmfare Awards 1954
- 5th Filmfare Awards 1958
- 10th Filmfare Awards 1963
- 20th Filmfare Awards 1973
- 30th Filmfare Awards 1983
- 40th Filmfare Awards 1995
- 50th Filmfare Awards 2005
- 60th Filmfare Awards 2015
- 65th Filmfare Awards 2020
- 66th Filmfare Awards 2021