- About IIFA Award for Best Editing
- Winners List
- Most Awarded Artists
The 1st IIFA Awards was held on 24 June 2000 at Millennium Dom, London, United Kingdom. Since then, the Award Ceremony is being held in different countries and continents. Above all, the IIFA Awards have become a symbol of glorifying the success of Bollywood in the world.
The IIFA Award for Best Editing is being given since the inception of the IIFA Awards in 2000. V.N. Mayekar became the first recipient of the IIFA Award for Best Editing. He received the award Vaastav: The Reality (1999).
The Award for Best Editing is a Technical Award and a part of the Annual IIFA Awards.
Here is the list of the Winners of the IIFA Award for Best Editing:
Winners – IFFA Award for Best Editing
Winners of the 2000s
|1st IIFA Awards (2000)||V.N. Mayekar||Vaastav: The Reality|
|2nd IIFA Awards (2001)||V. Sanjay Verma||Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai|
|3rd IIFA Awards (2002)||Ballu Saluja||Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India|
|4th IIFA Awards (2003)||Chandan Arora||Company|
|5th IIFA Awards (2004)||Rajkumar Hirani||Munnabhai M.B.B.S.|
|6th IIFA Awards (2005)||Hussain Burmawala||Aitraaz|
|7th IIFA Awards (2006)||Bela Segal||Black|
|8th IIFA Awards (2007)||P.S. Bharati||Rang De Basanti|
|9th IIFA Awards (2008)||Amitabh Shukla||Chak De India|
|10th IIFA Awards (2009)||Ballu Saluja||Jodhaa Akbar|
Winners of the 2010s
|11th IIFA Awards (2010)||Rajkumar Hirani||3 Idiots|
|12th IIFA Awards (2011)||Namrata Rao||Band Baaja Baaraat|
|13th IIFA Awards (2012)||Anand Subaya||Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara|
|14th IIFA Awards (2013)||Namrata Rao||Kahaani|
|15th IIFA Awards (2014)||P.S. Bharati||Bhaag Milkha Bhaag|
|16th IIFA Awards (2015)||Abhijit Kokate,|
|17th IIFA Awards (2016)||A. Sreekar Prasad||Talvar|
|18th IIFA Awards (2017)||Bodhaditya Bandyopadhyay||Pink|
|19th IIFA Awards (2018)||Shweta Venkat Mathew||Newton|
|20th IIFA Awards (2019)||Pooja Ladha Surti||Andhadhun|
Winners of the 2020s
|21st IIFA Awards (2021)||Nitin Baid||Gully Boy|
|22nd IIFA Awards (2022)||Coming up||March 2022|
Most awarded Artists-IFFA Award for Best Editing
Ballu Saluja | Win = 2
|S. No.||IIFA Award||Year||Film|
|1||3rd IIFA Awards||2002||Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India|
|2||10th IIFA Awards||2009||Jodhaa Akbar|
Namrata Rao | Win = 2
P.S. Bharati | Win = 2
Rajkumar Hirani | Win = 2
Highlights-IFFA Award for Best Editing
- Rajkumar Hirani, Ballu Saluja, Namrata Rao, and P.S. Bharati have won the IIFA Award for Best Editing twice.
- No Film Editor has won the IIFA Award for Best Editing in two or more successive years.
- Bela Segal won the IIFA Award for Best Editing for Black in the 7th IIFA Awards (2006).
- P.S. Bharati won the IIFA Award for Best Editing for Rang De Basanti in the 8th IIFA Awards (2007).
- Namrata Rao won the IIFA Award for Best Editing in the 12th IIFA Awards (2011) for Band Baaja Baarat.
- Abhijit Kokate and Anurag Kashyap won the IIFA Award for Best Editing in the 16th IIFA Awards (2015) for Queen.
- Similarly, A. Sreekar Prasad won the IIFA Award for Best Editing and the Filmfare Award for Best Editing in 2016 for Talvar.
You may also like:
- Winners of IIFA Popular Awards
- Winner of IIFA Music Awards
- Winner of IIFA Special Awards
- Winner of IIFA Technical Awards
- About IIFA Award for Best Dialogue
- Winners List
- Most Awarded Artists
We (Team Bollywood Product) often update or republish content on this website. We take utmost care and caution while updating or republishing the content so that the viewers can get updated information on the given topic.
We try our best to provide the best-authenticated data. We have also focused on a good user experience for our readers. We believe in providing good quality content for your viewers, and we consider ourselves in Beta mode to make improvements for betterment.
However, inadvertent errors and omissions are inevitable during the process. If you find any error or omission, please feel free to write us at BollywoodProduct.firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be more than happy to make the requisite correction.
Spread the Love:
It takes a lot to work without any monetary gains. And we have been doing the same for the last year. Thus, sharing the content on various social platforms and with your near and dear ones will provide a source of motivation for us. We promise to provide the best value for your valuable time.