- About IIFA Award for Best Screenplay
- Winners List
- Most Awarded Artists
The 1st IIFA Awards was held on 24 June 2000 at Millennium Dom, London, United Kingdom. Since then, the Award Ceremony is being held in different countries and continents. Above all, the IIFA Awards have become a symbol of glorifying the success of Bollywood in the world.
The IIFA Award for Best Screenplay is being given since the inception of the IIFA Awards in 2000. Sanjay Leela Bhansali became the first recipient of the IIFA Award for Best Screenplay. He received the award for Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999).
The Award for Best Screenplay is a Technical Award and a part of the Annual IIFA Awards.
Here is the list of the Winners of the IIFA Award for Best Screenplay:
Winners – IFFA Award for Best Screenplay
Winners of the 2000s
|1st IIFA Awards (2000)||Sanjay Leela Bhansali||Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam|
|2nd IIFA Awards (2001)||Farhan Akhtar,|
|3rd IIFA Awards (2002)||Farhan Akhtar||Dil Chahta Hai|
|4th IIFA Awards (2003)||Mahesh Bhatt||Raaz|
|5th IIFA Awards (2004)||Lajan Joseph,|
Vidhu Vinod Chopra
|6th IIFA Awards (2005)||Abbas Tyrewala,|
|7th IIFA Awards (2006)||Pradeep Sarkar,|
Vidhu Vinod Chopra
|8th IIFA Awards (2007)||Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra,|
|Rang De Basanti|
|9th IIFA Awards (2008)||Anurag Basu,|
|Life in a Metro|
|10th IIFA Awards (2009)||Neeraj Pandey||A Wednesday|
Winners of the 2010s
|11th IIFA Awards (2010)||Abhijat Joshi|
Vidhu Vinod Chopra
|12th IIFA Awards (2011)||Abhinav Kashyap,|
|13th IIFA Awards (2012)||Reema Kagti,|
|Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara|
|14th IIFA Awards (2013)||Anurag Basu,|
|15th IIFA Awards (2014)||Prasoon Joshi||Bhaag Milkha Bhaag|
|16th IIFA Awards (2015)||Chaitally Parmaar,|
|17th IIFA Awards (2016)||Kabir Khan,|
|18th IIFA Awards (2017)||Ritesh Shah||Pink|
|19th IIFA Awards (2018)||Nitesh Tiwari,|
|Bareilly Ki Barfi|
|20th IIFA Awards (2019)||Arijit Biswas,|
Pooja Ladha Surti,
Winners of the 2020s
|21st IIFA Awards (2021)||Anubhav Sinha,|
|22nd IIFA Awards (2022)||Coming up||March 2022|
Most awarded Artists-IFFA Award for Best Screenplay
Vidhu Vinod Chopra | Win = 3
|S. No.||IIFA Award||Year||Film|
|1||5th IIFA Awards||2004||Mannabhai M.B.B.S.|
|2||7th IIFA Awards||2006||Parineeta|
|3||11th IIFA Awards||2010||3 Idiots|
Anurag Basu | Win = 2
Farhan Akhtar | Win = 2
Parveez Shaikh | Win = 2
Rajkumar Hirani | Win = 2
Highlights-IFFA Award for Best Screenplay
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali became the first receiver of the IIFA Award for Best Screenplay in the 1st IIFA Awards (2000).
- He won the award for Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra has won the most number of the IIFA Award for Best Screenplay.
- He has won three (3) IIFA Awards for Best Screenplay.
- Rajkumar Hirani, Parveez Shaikh, Anurag Basu, and Farhan Akhtar have won the IIFA Award for Best Screenplay twice.
- Farhan Akhtar and Parveez Shaikh have won the IIFA Award for Best Screenplay in consecutive years.
- Farhan Akhtar won the IIFA Award for Best Screenplay in the 2nd IIFA Awards (2001) for Kya Kehna jointly with Honey Irani. Farhan won the 2nd IIFA Awards (2001) for Dil Chahta Hai in the 3rd IIFA Awards (2002).
You may also like:
- Winners of IIFA Popular Awards
- Winner of IIFA Music Awards
- Winner of IIFA Special Awards
- Winner of IIFA Technical Awards
We (Team Bollywood Product) often update or republish content on this website. We consider the published article in Beta Mode [It is a mode where the end goal is only progress/improvement and not perfection].
We believe in providing good quality content for your viewers, and thus we consider ourselves in Beta mode to make improvements for betterment.
Bollywood Products takes utmost care and caution while updating or republishing the content so that viewers can get updated information on the given topic.
We try our best to provide the best-authenticated data. We have also focused on a good user experience for our readers. However, inadvertent errors and omissions are inevitable during the process. If you find any error or omission, please feel free to write us at BollywoodProduct.firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be more than happy to make the requisite correction if needed.
Spread the Love:
Sharing the content on various social platforms and with your near and dear ones will provide a source of motivation for us. We promise to deliver the best value for your valuable time.