37th Filmfare Awards were held in Bombay (now Mumbai) in 1992. Here is the list of Nominees and Winners of various Award recipients of the 37th Filmfare Awards (1992).
List of Nominees and Winners
+ Indicates winner
|Award Cateogory||Nominee / Winner||Film|
|Best Film||Yash Chopra (Producer)||+Lamhe|
|T. Subbarami Reddy (Producer)|
|Gulshan Kumar (Producer)||Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin|
|Randhir Kapoor (Producer)||Henna|
|Rajiv Kapoor (Producer)|
|Sudhakar Bokade (Producer)||Saajan|
|Subhash Ghai (Producer)||Saudagar|
|Best Director||+Subhash Ghai||Saudagar|
|Mahesh Bhatt||Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin|
|Best Actor||+Amitabh Bachchan||Hum|
|Aamir Khan||Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin|
|Rekha||Phool Bane Angaray|
|Best Actor in Supporting Role||+Danny Denzongpa||Sanam Bewafa|
|Amrish Puri||Phool Aur Kaante|
|Best Actress in Supporting Role||+Farida Jalal|| Henna|
|Rama Vij||Prem Qaidi|
|Best Comic Actor||+Anupam Kher||Lamhe|
|Anupam Kher||Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin|
|Laxmikant Berde||100 Days|
|Best Villain||+Sadashiv Amrapurkar||Sadak|
|Best Debut||+Ajay Devgn||Phool Aur Kaante|
|Lux New Face of the Year||+Raveena Tandon||Patthar Ke Phool|
|Best Story||+Honey Irani||Lamhe|
|Ramapada Choudhary||Ek Doctor Ki Maut|
|Nana Patekar||Prahaar: The Final Attack|
|Best Screenplay||+Tapan Sinha||Ek Doctor Ki Maut|
|Best Art Director||+R. Verman Shetty||Hum|
|Best Cinematographer||+Radhu Karmakar||Henna|
|Best Editing||+Waman Bhonsle||Saudagar|
|Best Sound||+S.C. Bhambri||Patthar Ke Insaan|
|Lifetime Achievement Award||Note Awarded|
List of Nominees and Winners of Music Awards
+ Indicates winner
|Award Cateogory||Nominee / Winner||Song||Film|
|Best Music Director||+Nadeem-Shravan||Saajan|
|Nadeem-Shravan||Phool Aur Kaante|
|Best Lyricist||+Gulzar||Yaara Seeli Seeli||Lekin|
|Anwar Sagar||Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (Title Song)||Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin|
| Sameer||Mera Dil Bhi Kitna Paagal Hai||Saajan|
|Ravindra Jain||Main Hoon Khushrang Henna||Henna|
| Anand Bakshi||Kabhi Main Kahoon Kabhi Tum Kaho||Lamhe|
|Best Male Playback Singer||+Kumar Sanu||Mera Dil Bhi Kitna Paagal Hai||Saajan|
|Sudesh Bhosle||Jumma Chumma De De||Hum|
|Hariharan||Kabhi Main Kahoon Kabhi Tum Kaho||Lamhe|
|Pankaj Udhas||Jeeyen to Jeeyen Kaise Bin Aap Ke||Saajan|
|S.P. Balasubramaniam||Tums Se Milne Ki Tamanna Hai|
|Best Female Playback Singer||+Anuradha Paudwal||Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (Title Song)||Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin|
|Alka Yagnik||Dekha Hai Pehli Baar Saajan Ki Aankhon Me Pyar||Saajan|
|Anuradha Paudwal||Bahut Pyar Karte Hain Tum Ko Sanam|
|Kavita Krishnamurthy||Saudagar Sauda Kar||Saudagar|
|Best Choreography||+Chinni Prakash||Jumma Chumma De De||Hum|
Critic’s Award-37th Filmfare Awards (1992)
|Best Actor||Not Awarded|
|Best Documentary||Raam Ke Naam|
37th Filmfare Awards 1992 – Highlights
- Film Lamhe received the most awards in the 37th Filmfare Awards (1992). The film received five (5) awards out of thirteen (13) nominations.
- By receiving thirteen (13) nominations Lamhe became the most nominated film too.
- Four films namely Saajan, Saudagar, Hum, and Henna received the second-highest awards. They all won two awards each.
- It was the first time in the last twenty years when the second-most winner(s) received two awards only.
- Film Saajan received the second-most nominations. The film received eleven (11) nominations.
- Film Saudagar received the third-highest nominations. The film received eight (8) nominations and won two only.
- Film Hum and Henna both received seven (7) nominations and won two each.
- Film Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahi received six (6) nominations. However, the film did not win any.
- Film Phool Aur Kaante and Lekin received three (3) nominations each. Both films won one award each.
- Lifetime Achievement Award was introduced in the 36th Filmfare Awards (1991) and Amitabh Bachchan became the first winner. However, no one was given the award in the 37th Filmfare Awards (1992).
- Two new awards were introduced in the 37th Filmfare Awards (1992). These awards were Best Debut and Lux New Face of the Year.
- Ajay Devgn received the Best Debut Award for the film Phool Aur Kaante.
- Raveena Tandon received the Lux New Face of the Year Award for the film Patthar Ke Phool.
- No Film Personality received the Filmfare Special Award this year too.
37th Filmfare Awards (1992)-Most Wins and Nominations
Most Wins and Nominations-37th Filmfare Awards
|Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin||6||0|
|Phool Aur Kaante||3||1|
See more Filmfare Awards